Monday, March 10, 2008

We are leaving on a Jet plane...TOMORROW!!

Where has the week gone?

I can't believe tomorrow we will be on our way to RUSSIA!!

Even more unbelievable, we are actually ready!

The kids' schedules, dogs' schedules and medical releases for both are done for my parents who will be taking over for us while we are gone. The laundry is done, the kids' backpacks are packed for the week, carpool schedules have been adjusted, house cleaned, i-pods loaded, paperwork, emerg numbers, itinerary, passports, visas, tickets, money all together...and we are packed! I just have a small grocery trip today for all the over the counter meds I want to take with me and I need something for dinner for tonight.

The only small thing left we hope to do is make a video of us for our kids so they can watch it while we are gone..if they are missing us. Of course, they probably will be too excited to be with the grandparents to miss us...but just incase.

I can't believe how close we finally are to meeting our little girl!! I wrapped a small present for her last night. It's her lovey bunny and photo album we want to leave with her. And I kept thinking...it's finally happening..we are finally going to get to see her in person!

We got to meet our mentor family and their little girl yesterday. She is so cute. It was really fun watching her playing in our living room with the boys and imagining our Emily there playing too. Even hubby commented on how fun three were interacting together. Our mentor family came by to give us some last minute tips on our trip and brought us some small things to take with us. The visit sure made it feel so real! We are just so excited and can't wait to be there!!

7 comments:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Good Luck with your traveling. Here's wishing you safe and uneventful flights, good food, good movies and lots of rest. Can't wait to hear more about your little Emily!

Becky and Keith said...

Janine!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you! Have a safe, safe, safe trip and we can't wait to hear more about it! I'm sure the kiddos are going to have a GREAT time with the grandparents. When the cats away... :-) I'll be thinking of you! (You will be blogging when you're gone, right?!?)

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Yeaaa Janine! It is finally here! I hope that you travel safely and that things go smoothly for you all! You are so organized-I'm stressing over packing, etc. and we don't have animals or kids at home! I can't imagine! Have a wonderful trip! I look forward to keeping up with your visits!

Amy said...

Safe travels for you and hubby. Can't wait to hear all about Emily and the trip. Keep us posted; you are about to meet your little girl ~~~YEA!!!!

Joy said...

Wow I can not believe that you are on the plane as I am writing this. Good luck and I hope your little girl is perfect.
Joy

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Oh my gosh, you're on your way!!!! I'm so excited for you to finally meet your baby girl. Can't wait to hear all about her!!

Melissa said...

do keep us posted. congrats. you are in for a trip of your life. Hugs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...