Friday, March 28, 2008

Update

It's hard to believe we have been back in the states a little over a week now. It feels like our trip to Russia was just a dream. I miss our baby girl. I have been shopping for her like crazy. Now that we have met her it feels so real the hope of a daughter. My boys are getting excited too. At least once a day my oldest will say I wish Emily was here! Me too, I say. Me too.

I had a few documents left to send in to our agency for our second trip and I'm happy to say I'm officially done with the collecting of paperwork here in the US. We have been very fortunate that our agency takes care of our dossier for us including apostilling, notarizing, getting visas and making travel arrangements. They are a full service agency and we are so appreciative of that!What I sent back in: our passports for our new visas, our updated medicals for the entire family, our 171-H, and an updated employment letter. Not too bad!

I got to talk with my casemanager today. He is guessing ...just his guess, he says, but we may end up traveling back at the end of next month...April!! How wonderful as I was originally thinking middle of May. Of course, it's just a guess and we won't know for sure until we hear back from the judge about our court date. So much to get done again...I'd better stop daydreaming and get to work! I still need to figure out what gifts to get the caregivers at the babyhouse.

4 comments:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Okay, it sounds like you have an awesome agency for them to do all of that for you! Wow! I'm sure buying little girls clothes has been so much fun! Did you go to Baby Gap?? :)

I hope that your court date is at the end of April. That would be wonderful! Please keep us posted!

Amy said...

Sounds like everything is moving along smoothly. It seems like once things start to move, they REALLY move. Keep us posted with court dates.

Shopping for little girl clothes is soo much fun. Enjoy this time shopping and preparing.

Becky and Keith said...

Wow... you weren't kidding when you said you're with a great agency! I hope that things move as quickly as they are guessing because we all need to see pictures of Emily sooner rather than later! :-)

Allison said...

I can't wait to start shopping for girls clothes. Wouldn't that be wonderful if you could travel in April. Keeping my fingers crossed for yoU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...