Saturday, March 29, 2008

Emily's room

I am almost done with Emily's room. I still need to find a rocking chair and I would like a muralist to come and paint her name on the door and a small painting of birds and toile on her wall above her crib. She had done such a great job in the boys' bedroom that I want her to do something for Emily too. I will have to post the boys' bedrooms some time. I love kid's spaces..they are so much fun to decorate! Lastly we need to find the rail to the crib to convert it back from toddler bed to baby crib. All the furniture in her room was also used by both my boys in their nurseries..."twinkle twinkle little stars." It's hard to believe it's the same furniture as it had such a different feel in their blue and yellow nursery. I really love that all my babies will have slept in the same crib..the sentimentalist that I am!



We went to Disneyland in Feb. and I couldn't resist buying Emily her first princess dress...Princess Aurora's dress from Sleeping Beauty. She was my favorite princess growing up. Of course, it is way too big and it will be another 2 years before she wears it...I still couldn't resist. I tried to get my oldest to try it on so I could see what it would look. No go..he was not going to try it on. I then tried my second son...flat out refused. Oh well...I will just have to wait. The last shot is her bathroom. She has her own bathroom and it is connected to her bedroom. Actually the boys have their own baths too. Each bedroom had 2 closests so when we were remodeling we were able to change one closet in each room into a very small bath for each child. What a luxury!



I changed my mind on the bedding. This set came out recently at PBK and I couldn't resist. I love the little pink birds!! It is so sweet! Now if I can just find that rocking chair I will be all set!


17 comments:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I love Emily's room! You've done such an awesome job decorating it, and it looks like the perfect little girl's room! You and I have similar tastes-love PBK too! We have the "boy" version of Spring Meadows in our little boy's bathroom, and his bedding is from there, too! I know you can't wait to bring her home!

Amy said...

Her rooms looks absoulutely precisous. I love the pink and green color themes. Our little girl was Princess Aurora for Halloween this year. I'm sure you'll have all the princess dresses before it's all said and done. ;) We only have Jasmine left (my husband & I think it's a little too old for her).

Becky and Keith said...

Her room is such a heaven for a little girl!! It is so beautiful! The bedding is great and I love the wall hanging with the big "E". You'll have to post some pics of some of the clothes you've bought. I loooovvveeee little girl clothes!

Troy and Rachel said...

What a beautiful room and a lucky little girl!! It makes me want to start up paperwork for a little girl ASAP!!!

Annie said...

What a gorgeous room. Beautiful! Wow! And that dress is so pretty!
I'll have to show Chloe. She is gaga over the Disney princesses.

Deb said...

It's so pretty. I love the 'E' hanging. I hope she's home soon to enjoy it and grow into that dress.

Joy said...

So this is what you have been up too. What a beautiful room. It is fit for a princess.
Joy

Christen L said...

This is goregous! Well done!! :)

Melissa said...

I love the room. I am a bit jealous though. DH and I dont even have our own bathroom. Maybe in the next house.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

So pretty!! I absolutely loved the new bird bedding too!! Owen's bathroom is the boy version of Emily's, and he loves it!

Sira said...

This is a beautiful room!!! I love the pink and green... Ok I want a girl now

MandyJo013078 said...

Emily's bedroom is just beautiful! I love that pottery barn bedding! Just found your blog! I'm so glad to be reading about you! Hope you get your court date soon! Your little guys are so cute! You are very blessed! Thank you for sharing your story!
MandyJo

Janine said...

Thanks guys for all great comments on Emily's room!

Tracy said...

I love, love, LOVE it :). I SAW that bedding AFTER I had already bought our little girls bedding ( from PB too ). Had I seen it first, then I would have probably chosen it. Very girly and pretty!

Carey and Norman said...

I love the bedroom. I also like that you used the crib for all three children. The bedding is cute too. I'm a huge fan of PBK.

I enjoyed catching up and re-reading your posts from Russia. I cannot wait to see pictures of your beautiful daughter and her red hair.

I'm excited about your journey back to bring her home.

Sira said...

I keep looking at this room- it is just incredible- it is perfect- I want the same thing for my little girl (when ever that will come)

Anonymous said...

i don't know if you'll see this comment, as this is an older post. but i love the Aurora dress!!! i confess, i also have some Disney Princess dresses, heehee ;) but not an Aurora one! i will have to add that to the collection!! : P Aurora was my fav. princess too!!! i just never saw an Aurora dress.

so far i've collected Cinderella (hey, it was half off!), Alice In Wonderland (clearance after Halloween, and my name! :P), Ariel, Tinkerbell (gotta love Tink!) and i think that's it for now, HA!

and i have practially an entire wardrobe for her going from 6-9mon. to 5T!!! since i started out my adoption journey thinking a 4-5yr. old girl from Ukraine, then thought an infant from Vietnam (hence all the 6-9mon!) and now a toddler from Russia... ha! i have a TON of tops & cute pj's but realized i need more bottoms & sweaters!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...