Thursday, January 24, 2008

Got some good news today!


I talked with my casemanager this morning...it looks like we are on target for traveling to Russia on our first trip in March. If all continues to go well and there are no hang ups we could know as early as the first week of March when we are traveling.

We have 2 documents that we still need for our updated dossier from our homestudy agency that needs to be in before the second week of Feb. It's been 2 weeks since I've checked with my homestudy agency so it looks like an update call is needed for tomorrow to see how those documents are coming!!

For our 2nd trip we will need my updated employment letter, updated medicals on the whole family and of course that 171-H. I may be sending a courtesy letter by next week to my friend at USCIS office to check the status of that little paper. My casemanager is not worried yet as I won't need it till our 2nd trip for court and the Embassy. If we travel in March our second trip will likely be May (if we run into no problems) I can't believe it!! In possibly just 4 months our daughter could be home with us forever!!!

Whoohoo!! I'm so excited!!

He sent us a travel pack to start getting ready for the big trip. It looks like we are going to be busy for awhile just getting ready for the trip. Where to start? We will need heavy duty jackets and crisp bills. We also need to look into phone service so we can call home. And I'd better start looking into airfares too. I'm hoping we can fly direct from LA. Only a 12 hour flight...wow..hope I can sit still that long!! Our agency will handle our hotel accomodations and incountry travel.

We also need to look into gifts for everyone we meet on the first trip and I have a suitcase of kids clothing to donate to the ophanage too.

It looks like I'd better get started with those lists and do some research.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

thanks for the comment on my blog. I always wondering who is reading. Congrats on your journey. March is not that far away. What region are you registered in and how old a child are you looking to get? You said you completed an MMRI=2 or something like that, what is that? We didn't have to do that. I guess they changed the rules. I look forward to following your journey.

Christen L said...

Just found your blog and I'm very excited to be following along with you. My husband and I are at "Olive You" (http://ellisfamily.blogsome.com). I noticed we're on your blogroll :) It's nice to meet a family that is just getting started, as we're beginning our process at the end of this year and most blogs we read have already completed their adoptions or are about to do so.

Amy said...

wonderful news!!!! keeps us posted. Hoping the next few weeks go fast for you.

Joy said...

Hooray!
I am so excited for you and your family. I will pray that there are no speed bumps in the road.
Joy

Allison said...

Wonderful news! That is great. March is not too far away at all; it will be here before you know it.

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Excellent news!! March is right around the corner :)

cm

Becky and Keith said...

Very exciting!!!! Speaking of bringing gifts, do you have any idea what you might bring? That would definitely be something to start getting together although it would be great to know how many gifts to bring! 4 months until you are home with your little girl! That time is going to FLY!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

That is great news! It sounds like things are moving so quickly for you all! Congrats on the good news! I look forward to checking your updates. If you need a packing list, send me an email, and I can forward the one that I used. I know you are getting so excited!

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

YEAAAAA!!!! So so so excited for you!!!!! Your sweet Emily will be home before you know it!!

Janine said...

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. I so appreciate them!!!

I will answer all your questions in an upcoming post..I promise!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...