Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The flight watch


I started looking at flights. Wow!! Just a month ago there were still so many choices. Quickly...quickly those flights are dwindling...the planes are filling up with out us! My first choice flights are all taken...the non-stop flights out of LA and a few other short connecting flights here in the states on carriers I would have preferred to fly. The flights I'm looking at now are all over the place with at least one stop over in places like Frankfurt, London, Amsterdam or Paris. I wouldn't mind flying into Paris or London again. We went to both of those cities on our honeymoon. It would be great to reminisce of our lovely honeymoon by via a layover in one of those airports before we fly into Russia to meet our daughter.

As we get closer to March..I'm getting a little nervous. Anyone else get nervous before their first trip? It suddenly is feeling so real. I have enjoyed watching and reading about so many other people's journies but now that our turn is quickly approaching it's feeling very real. That we are close to meeting our child and just one trip away from bringing her home. Wow!! Just breathe. I want to enjoy every moment of this journey so I can relive it in vivid detail with our daughter someday when she is old enough to want to know everything.

I'm so excited for all the families that are traveling soon or are already in country meeting their child for the first time or returning to Russia and finally bringing their children home. What a blessed and humbling journey we are on...to receive the precious gift of raising and loving a child.

5 comments:

Deb said...

I missed the post below I guess. Congratz on this huge step closer to your daugther. I hope they get you travel dates soon so you can buy those tickets.

Melissa said...

I was so nervous before trip one. So many unknowns. Very exciting though. Good luck

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I was very nervous before our first trip, too. There is so much anticipation and desire to hear something while you wait for "the call", and when it finally happens...oh my goodness! It is wonderful! I will pray for your nerves to settle!

Troy and Rachel said...

I am hoping to feel nervous soon!! I don't even want to look at flights yet and am going to try not to until I actually have to book them!! There may be cancellations so hang in there!

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Don't hesitate to fly through Frankfurt - we did on trip1. It's a very easy airport to navigate.

March will be here before you know it!

cm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...