Friday, February 8, 2008

USCIS update

So I looked on my USCIS field office's processing page that was updated on Jan 15. According to the webpage my local office received a significant increase of applications filed this past summer. In July and Aug 2007 nearly 2.5 million applications of all types were received. (So not just I-600A applications). This is an increase from the 1.2 million they received during this time period last year. That's just great! Of course I filed mine in Aug 2007 during the period of significant increase. Too bad it wasn't June!! According to the website as of Jan 15th, they have completed through Aug 3, 2007 I-600A applications. So, I'm getting closer..my date is at the end of Aug.

They are in the process of hiring more staff to help with the backlog of applications. According to the site there is only one officer assigned to process adoption applications. Wow!! I wonder how many I-600 applications there are from the 2.4 million appls they received? So hopefully when they publish their new updates on Feb 15, 2008 they will have completed all of Aug's I-600A applications and therefore mine will finally be completed with a turn around time of 6 months!!! Now how is that for crazy?

At least I now know that I'm not the only person waiting still to hear about their I-600A application. With others reporting 3 week turn arounds in other states I was starting to think there was something seriously wrong!

Before I found this website I did send off a status request letter to my local office explaining that we were traveling soon and requesting to receive our 171-H "notice of favorable determination" or at the very least an update as to when we would receive our notice of favorable determination. So..we will wait until the end of February but if we still haven't heard by then I'm contacting somone from my local congressmen's office.

What do you think..good plan? My placing agency is still not worried. I'm really trying not to worry either. It's bound to resolve itself in a good way.

8 comments:

Sira said...

I am praying everything will fall right into place for everything. She's waiting for Mama and Papa!

Deb said...

I know it's hard not to worry. It's a good thing you can travel on trip 1 without the form.

Sounds like you have a good plan to contact them at the end of the month.

Melissa said...

i usually have my sound off. i just heard the song you have on your site. i love that song. i have it on some of my kiddos videos.

hope you hear soon. that would make me too nervous.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Janine, our fingerprints just expired, so we had them redone on Jan. 29. I contacted our CIS office and was told we would get a new I-171H but that it would take 6weeks. Our agency said we would have to have it for court, and they were worried it may delay our court date. So...I contacted our state Senator's office, and guess what? After a conversation this past Monday with the constituent rep in the Senator's office and a few emails exchanged during the week, we had our updated form in our mailbox yesterday! I would definitely call someone and see if they can help! Good luck! :)

Joy said...

I think that is a good plan. I bet it works too.
Joy

Becky and Keith said...

Isn't it crazy how each USCIS office operates differently?!? Even just the fact that some states issue I-171H and some issue an I-797. Nuts, I tell ya! Definitely take Carrie's advice - things will hopefully move faster!

Janine said...

Thanks everyone!! It is nuts how different it is and we all live in the same country and I thought it was our country's requirement, so how can it be so different? Bizarre!

Thanks Carrie. Your advice is very reassuring. I'm glad everything worked out so well for you and it didn't hold you up in anyway. I will definately look into calling someone in my senator's office.

Troy and Rachel said...

Sounds like a great plan. It helps to have an idea of what you want to happen. I am sorry it is taking so long. We waited about 14weeks which seemed like a lifetime!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...