Monday, January 14, 2008

Home Again

It's Monday morning and we are home. Back to the routines and daily grind that is our life. Even though our dream vacation is over...there is something comforting about walking back into your home after being away. We had a crazy funny day of traveling and will post the story later today on the boys blog if anyone is interested. The link is inbetween the boys pictures off to the right side.

The first thing I did? Check my mail. Two big grocery bags of mail and nothing from the USCIS office. Oh well, I didn't really think they would get back to me that fast. I also checked my email and got an update from my placing agency while I was gone. Looks like with the new year brought new requirements from the region we are adopting from. Guess it's back to the paper chasing for me. I will need to get a few more documents to update my dossier again. Should be fairly easy stuff, mostly paperwork from my homestudy agency regarding their license and updated employment letters. My casemanager said not to stress about receiving the USCIS 171-H. It will be here before we really need it. So I'm not going to worry about it for now. If I don't hear back by the end of January I will contact them then.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday! I'm excited to pick up our pooches from the kennels today! I've really missed my 3 furballs!! Just called the kennels and they are being bathed now...yeah..good smelling fur balls!! Should be able to bring them home after BW gets back from school!!

5 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm glad you had a great vacation. We all need breaks from paperworks and the daily grind. Hope your USCIS form comes in soon.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I hope that form comes soon! I'm curious...what region are you all assigned to adopt from? I can't remember if you've said yet...I may have missed it! I look forward to hearing more about your trip!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I loved Maui and the Whaler's Village when I was there with my family in the late 80's (I'm dating myself). I swore that I would go back someday in January to watch the whales. DH and I have actually been saving all our loose change in coffee cans for over ten years for our "Hawaii Fund". Who knows, maybe in another ten years...

I find myself searching the mail everyday for our INS form too. Hope yours comes soon!!!

Janine said...

It is great to get breaks. It's amazing how much I needed one and didn't really realize how badly I needed one.

Our region is St Pete. :-)

Kim, you gotta go back to Maui. I couldn't believe it had taken me 10 years to get back either..you gotta do it!! It's so worth it!!

Becky and Keith said...

Welcome home!! I hope you are settled in, but still have some of that "vacation glow"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...