Thursday, January 10, 2008

Aloha!

Aloha from Maui! It's amazing how the sound of the waves crashing on the beach can free my mind and leave me feeling so well rested. The ocean has always been my calming place and I hadn't realized how long it's been since I've been to the ocean. I also had no idea how stressed out I had become. My mind has apparently been on overload from the holidays, worrying about kindergarten next year and of course all things adoption related. I'm so going to be dreading getting back on that plane to go home!

The weather here is beautiful...apparently it is in the 80's no matter what time of the year you are here. We have a beautiful view of the ocean from every room in our condo. I love sitting out on the lanai (balcony) with laptop in hand and checking in with everyone's blogs while the boys take an afternoon nap. It so beats my couch back home which is where I usually am when I'm emailing.

We are looking forward to a few more relaxing days in the sun and on the beach. Who knows, maybe the kids will even sleep in. One can always dream.

4 comments:

Amy said...

ALOHA! It's sounds absolutley wonderful. Relax and live all the stresses behind.
PS...we too are stressing over kindgarten this fall, it never ends! But I guess I wouldn't have it any other way.

Becky and Keith said...

Aloha! No better place to be but a balcony in Maui reading blogs! I'm sooo jealous! :-) Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Allison said...

Sounds like paradise! Can I come visit?!?! It is so nice to sit back and relax and let all of your stresses drift away.
Enjoy it!

Janine said...

Thanks you guys!! Wish you all could have joined me too! Would have been fun to have a tropical drink together and talk adoption stuff in person!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...