Tuesday, October 30, 2007

We just had an earthquake!!

Wow!! At 8:05pm we just had a 5.6 magnitude earthquake. I haven't felt one that strong since the big one in 1989 at 6.9. I had just walked downstairs after kissing both boys goodnight. The whole house just shook very fast and very strong. I almost lost my balance and just saw all the pots on my potrack swinging back and forth. I yelled out my husband's name and ran back up the stairs to grab my boys out of their beds. My youngest was face down in his bed...he thought he had caused it. My other son thought it was fun and wanted to do it again!! Ugh!!

It's funny, I had so much to get done tonight and was thankful that the boys were in bed so I could get started. And now...still a little shakey, I'm glad we are all fine and we are huddled around the TV to hear more and wait out all the aftershocks.

5 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

How scary!! I'm glad you all are okay! I laughed out loud when you said your son thought he did it. I'm going to have to go check out the news now!

Janine said...

It's funny. But at first I thought he had done something too because they were still awake and because their rooms are right over the kitchen. It sounded like a loud noise at first like a dresser being shoved over and hitting the floor and then the whole house started shaking and then I knew it was an earthquake.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

That is very scary! I'm so glad it was not worse and that your family is doing okay.

junglemama said...

Hi. We're in Ca too but didn't feel a thing. Central Ca to be exact. Congratulations on finishing up your dossier. Must feel good!

God Bless!

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm so glad you all are okay. I also laughed about your son thinking he caused it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...