Thursday, November 8, 2007

Dreaming again!

Now that our dossier has been submitted, we have nothing to do but wait and finish up our education requirements. So... I've allowed myself to dream and play. Besides spending a lot of time on the Russian national database staring at the baby girls that are in our agency's regions and trying to imagine which child will be ours, I have allowed myself to buy things for her room. Fun things like bedding, curtains, books, clothes and a doll!! Oh...it is so fun!!

I have chosen a few very cute dresses and sweaters from Gap to be the first pieces of clothing I bought for Emily. I was guessing around 12-18 months. They arrived in the mail the other day!!! I was so excited!! After spending the past 4 years buying boy clothes in the colors; blue, red, green and orange it was so thrilling to add new colors like pinks, creams, tans, and browns. And tights! Dresses!! So cute!! They are so small!! I lovingly hung them up in her closet.

I have also started to think more about her bedroom. We are going to use the crib Bubba is currently using as his big boy bed. We are thinking in January we will get him a twin bed and put the crib away for a month or two and then bring it out and set it up in Emily's room. I already bought her bedding. I've been staring at this bedding for awhile and looked at it again last week and suddenly noticed it was on sale. I had to quickly buy it before it was gone!! Here is a photo of the bedding in Bubba's crib. The photo is from a catalog. Emily's room is pink.


I also ordered this sign to hang on her wall..of course it says Princess Emily. And here is her first doll!! Chances are by the time she comes home we will have missed her 1st birthday..so the doll is our gift for her 1st birthday!

6 comments:

Sig said...

Oh how fun. I started buying stuff for Abby way before her referral, Ijust could not help it.You are going to have a blast!

Sig
www.wayhomeforana.blogspot.com

Troy and Rachel said...

I love the clothes and bedding!! And the doll is precious too. I have bought quite a few things also already - it's so hard not to!!

Becky and Keith said...

I love, love the bedding! So girlie and the princess sign is priceless! :-)

Janine said...

Thanks Sig, Rachel and Becky!! It's a little addictive I'm afraid. Now that I've started I can't help but see things I like everywhere. But buying things makes it seem so real and I'm afraid to get too attached or so emotionally involved until it finally happens. It's tough in the waiting pool!

Sig..I've been following the raffle for Tarana. I love the donation of russian books esp the The Bear series, it's one of my kids favorites!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Cute clothes! I love Gap Kids' clothes! I went in there this week and just dreamed about which clothes we might need for our little one someday! I can't wait to start buying clothes! The bedding is very cute, too!

Janine said...

I love the Baby Gap too! Their jeans just can't be beat! And my boys are hard on jeans! I'm passing all the jeans/overalls down to Emily and it's like they are still new!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...