Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Life Book

I've been so obsessed with reading blogs, FRUA, yahoo groups and staring at the Russian Database that I've decided to also focus and use my energy on getting something constructive done for Emily. So I visited Michael's craft store today and bought some fun new papers and dooh hickeys to use in Emily's lifebook. I'm so excited! I go through creative waves and hadn't scrapbooked in ages and this little venture really got my creative juices flowing!!

I spent all of the boys naptime scrapbooking. I'm going to try and think up layouts and scrap them ahead of time and then can later go back and plug in the photos and journaling.

So far I have come up with the following ideas for her book:
Intro page: early baby photo or referral photo and then birth info.
Birth Family page
Life at the orphanage: letters from caregivers, details of schedule, food, friends
Milestones or any relevant medical info, measurements, etc
The city she was born in: if we get a chance and have the info would love to see the town or hospital she was born in

What are some other pages/ideas that I can add that are about her story in Russia? Any and all suggestions are welcome.

5 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

I loooovvvveeee Michaels! :-) I haven't scrapbooked in eons, but am thinking about doing it soon. I'm going to try to keep a journal during my first trip and between trips. Once I'm home, I'll summarize a lot of that and put it in the lifebook. Maybe turn those into letters to the Peanut or something like that. Good luck - post pages as you complete them! :-)

Troy and Rachel said...

I went to Michaels yesterday too. It's so fun to look at all the goodies and pick out things for the scrapbook. I think you have a good start on what to include.

Sira said...

I did this for Max and am still working on it. You may want to write her a letter now. Express your wishes, fears, all your emotions at this point in time. This way you can capture what you went through emotionally- you loved her before you ever know about her

Janine said...

Thanks guys for all the suggestions..I love the idea of a heart felt letter and the journaling during the trips. I can't wait to get started on the letter.

PS I had no idea Michaels was a national chain store. That's cool. It's a really fun store.

Sig said...

Go to www.scrapandtell.com
She has tons of Russian scrapbooking stuff!

Sig
www.wayhomeforana.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...