Wednesday, September 26, 2007

We have plane tickets!!

Yeah!! Plane tickets!!! Where are we going you ask? Is it Russia?? No, silly, we haven't sent in our dossier yet. We are going to the east coast for 3 days mid October to meet with our placing agency. It will be a very fast trip and because of the 3 hour time difference ahead of CA, we have chosen to go without the boys. I don't think Bubba would make it and frankly, I really want to make a good impression with our agency and I just don't think that's possible with a toddler that's had to sit through a 6 hour flight, is 3 hours off of his schedule and is expected to sit quietly through a half day meeting which starts at 5:30am CA time. I'm actually not sure I'm going to make it... but I'm sure going to try. Luckily, I've heard there is a Starbucks in the lobby of our hotel. Thank you Starbucks!

I would totally be excited about our chance to be away alone together, far away from the kids with a little measure of adult fun. Staying at a nice hotel...a little bit of a nightlife. Getting dolled up and hitting the city. Dining out among other adults with no kids. It would be a dream of a date night, if I wasn't so nervous about meeting with our adoption agency. I really want this to go well. I want to work with this agency and I'm hoping they are everything I'm expecting them to be. And more importantly, I really am hoping there are no surprises that I'm not aware of in the adoption process. There is bound to be some surprises of course, but I hope I have the general idea of what is expected and there are no huge surprises or unexpected turns in the road ahead.

3 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Enjoy your weekend and I hope your meeting goes well. Don't be nervous - they are people too and they want to help you!! At least try yo go out to dinner on the town one night!!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I hope you all have a wonderful trip and that things go well with your meeting!

Annie said...

It's all going to be great! Nothing to be AT ALL nervous about.

That is, if you're going where I think you're going.

:)Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...