Sunday, February 1, 2009

Still stuck on Christmas

Where does the time go? Can you believe we are 2 months into the new year already? Can you believe I'm still posting about Christmas? This is the last post, I promise. I have been so tired at night that after putting the kids to bed, after getting all the chores done and getting ready for the next day I've been crashing much earlier than usual. I have missed posting. Hopefully, I can get back into a rhythm again. I'm really so impressed with my fellow bloggers and how they are able to post on a regular basis.

So here I am, still playing catch-up.

We have almost taken down all of our X-mas decorations. Just the Christmas cards are still up and a wreath that is petrified and still hanging in the dining room. This weekend I hope to get it all down and move on to Valentine's.
So briefly a look back at
Emily's First Christmas...

We woke up on X-mas Eve morning and spent the morning with great-grandma. I know great-grandma really enjoyed the visit and we enjoyed getting to spend X-mas Eve morning with her. Emily got her first taste of opening presents. And she was good at it too. I really sometimes forget she's not over 2 yet. She is so capable in so many ways! Later that evening we hosted hubby's family for X-mas Eve. What a wonderful evening with cousins, grandparents and siblings.

The next photos are from X-mas morning. The kids were so excited to open their present and stockings from Santa and from us.




Christmas Day was spent at my parents' home with my sister and her family and both sets of my grandparents. We had a fun filled day with lots of good food!
Emily still keeps asking about Santa. It sure didn't take her long to warm up to that friendly old man and the fact that he carries a bag full of presents for kids didn't hurt either.

2 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Love the Christmas jammies and also the kiddos dressed up!

Now, go back up to the first photo of your three munchkins with Emily in the middle. Look at it and the one of you the morning of court with breakfast in front of you. Same expression and hair style. She looks just like you!! I just kept looking at the two photos in awe. Hair color is different, but otherwise it is you in a minature form!!

Melissa said...

I never get tired of seeing their cute faces. i am so happy her first christmas was a special one

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...