Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just one day

It's hard to get anything done. Where does the day go? I find myself wondering how I'm going to accomplish the oodles of stuff that is just hanging over my head. I'm not panicking yet but I know it's looming ahead.

What happens in just one day. Here's a look at just today...


5am--I'm up and make 4 lunches and begin to get breakfast ready. I pack Bubba's backpack, set out all the jackets, hats and sweatshirts and pack the car for the day.


6:15am--Bubba wakes up and heads to my room to watch cartoons while I take a shower.

7am--I wake up Boy Wonder and ask both boys to get dressed and move onto waking up Emily and getting her dressed.


7:30am-8:10am- Eat breakfast


8:15am- Grandparents arrive to watch Emily. It's my day to work in Boy Wonder's kindergarten class.


8:35am--After hitting the bathroom, wrestling the boys in jackets, packing the lunches and brushing teeth we are finally loaded into the car.


8:45am- Drop off Bubba at my sister's house so he can carpool with his cousin to preschool.

9am- 1:30pm--Boy Wonder's School

2pm-Arrive home and go over the day with my mom. Bubba arrived home earlier at 12:30pm.


2:30pm--Boys head up for rest time in their room while I put Emily down for her nap.


3pm- I jump on the phone to make a hair appt and get
my car serviced. Hair appt made.. check. Can't get a hold of my car dealership. Getting very frustrated. I really need to get my car in this week and judging by my week tomorrow seems to be the only day possible.

3:30pm- Boys reappear. They head off to the basement to jump in the jumpy house. I start emptying my car...out come the carseats, strollers, blankets, etc, etc


4pm--Hubby arrives home. I take off to head to the dealership to drop off my car.


4:40pm--Arrive at dealership. Now I get why I couldn't get a hold of anyone. The dealership is gone..closed. All the brand new cars on the lot are gone. Wow! Back up plan...call hubby and find the next GMC dealership. I find out the next one is 25 mins away and they close at 5pm. Can I make it? I'd better try as tomorrow is the only day I can get the car serviced this week. Jump on the freeway.


5:08pm--The service dept is still open. I just barely slide in. Yeah! I'm so lucky!


5:30pm--Call hubby and head across the street to Erik's Deli Cafe. I just happen to have a magazine on hand while I wait.


6pm-My family arrives. "Mommy" shouts Emily as she comes in.


7pm- Leave restaurant and head home. In the car we talk about Boy Wonder's assigment for tomorrow. To bring in one compostable item and one non-compostable item.

7:45pm--Head off to bed. Too tired for baths tonight skip this part of the bedtime routine.


8:30pm--Kids are finally asleep. I crash on the couch.


Back of my mind...I still need to pack Boy Wonder's lunch and get together what he chose for his compostable and non-compostable item. I also need to work on a template for Boy Wonder's valentine cards for the party Friday as I know it will take us the rest of the week for him to write out his classmates names and decorate them. The house is also a total diaster again even though it was nice and clean this morning. My only happy thought is tomorrow is Wed. Wed is usually my lightest and most fun day all week where Emily, Bubba and I go off and have fun at the park, museum, playdate etc after dropping off Boy Wonder at school. But tomorrow I have no car and it's supposed to rain all day. My dad has volunteered to take Boy Wonder to school. Thanks Dad! He will come back over at 12:45pm so I can head to school for a class meeting and bring Boy Wonder home. Dad has offered up his car to me so that I can get to the meeting as I won't be able to pick my car up until late afternoon. It feels like half of tomorrow is already planned and gone.
How to get everything in that needs to be done and still have a chance to relax and have fun?
Gosh, I wish I knew the answer to that! Off to bed so I can begin again tomorrow.
Looking foward to next week. One whole week off....ahh.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

LOL sounds like my days! I can't wait for summer!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

I feel exhausted just reading about it. I'm finding that more and more it just doesn't ALL get done anymore. And that's okay too. Some days it's nice to take time to play in the rain!

Becky and Keith said...

I am sooooooooo with you!!! I was fast asleep in my bed at 8:30 Thursday night. Didn't even do Valentines - saved those for 6 am Friday. Just not enough time and definitley not enough energy!! How great to have the help of your parents

Carey and Norman said...

Love the rain jackets and boots! So sweet!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...