Monday, August 20, 2007

The interviews

We have met with our social worker twice now. She is so friendly and bubbly that she has made us feel very comfortable sharing ourselves. So far it has been a relatively painless process. I'm not sure what kind of questions I was expecting...being interviewed about yourself sounded intimidating but it hasn't been anything too deep or hard to answer. Tomorrow we have our last meeting with our social worker..our home visit. Time to tidy up this evening.

I have already received some forms from our placing agency for our dossier so I have started collecting those documents and making appointments again. So far all the forms have been straightforward and not that different from the ones we used in the homestudy. I'm hoping to send off our I-600A form this week..I have all the documents ready and hopefully the homestudy will follow it next week. I just need to goto the bank and get a money order. We also have our doctor's appointments this week and we already went and got our labs done a few weeks go and I've received my lab results already...I've passed...yeah! Hopefully hubby has too. It was my first cholesterol panel I've had done..so I was a bit curious what it would say but it was normal...thank goodness. We are moving and groving along. Hubby goes back to the classroom this week so this was our last big push to get all the inperson interviews done. We just have one big last test...the MMPI psychological evaluation. Basically it's personality inventory given to see if you can cope with life's normal stresses. Never had one of those done either...should be very interesting. I'm still trying to find a psychologist close to home that performs this...sometimes companies require new employees to have this done so it shouldn't be too hard to find. I think the only 2 things holding us up from going forward on our dossier is getting our passports back and hearing back from immigration on the status of our I600A.

Things are looking good. I spent all last night looking at the russian photolisting put out by MOE at all the babies born in 2007 in the regions our placing agency works wondering if one of the children already born this year could be our future daughter. It was quite exciting and feels really real...I'm feeling closer to her than I have ever felt. My oldest has been talking about Emily a lot. How she will be smaller than him and Bubba. He can't wait to play with her and take care of her. Bubba says she can sit by him at the table. BW has talked about how we will go on an airplane to bring her home and that they will stay with their grandparents. Wow...the anticipation is making my heart thump so loudly. I'm just so thrilled!!

4 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Our social worker was the same way! I was so stressed out about the interviews and especially the home visit and it was nothing like what I anticipated! I felt like I had known my social worker forever. Good luck getting your dossier pulled together. It will go much faster then you expect. Do you have to have your psych eval done now? We, thankfully, get to wait until between trips 1 and 2. I am dreading that - I promise I'm normal - just hate going to the doctors (any kind!). I'm so glad the boys are excited - it makes it so much easier. Best wishes!

Troy and Rachel said...

Our social worker also made us feel quite at ease and I still check in with her every so often to let her know what stage we are in and how the wait is going. It's nice that they remain so active and interested!! Those dossier papers seem more complicated than they are. Once they were done, I was surprised at how releatively painless it was (albeit stressful at the time).

Janine said...

thanks becky and rachel for your comments. I do have to have my psych evals done before I travel. and i know i will have to update my medical forms inbetween visit 1 and 2 and that is about all i know...it is such a guessing game on how all this order of stuff works!!

Deb said...

Your boys are adorable, but I'm sure you hear that all the time.
You're really moving right along with all the paperwork and stuff. Hope the meeting yesterday went well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...