Friday, August 24, 2007

Dr. Appt today and the I-600A update

I have my doctor appt today to get my forms filled out and my TB test taken. Luckily we received our packet of forms for our dossier in time to be able to bring their medical forms with us so we didn't have to make 2 trips to the doctor. My husband and both boys already have their forms completed and hubby has his TB test already read and signed off so it's just me holding up our final packet of info to send off to our Homestudy agency. We had our labs done a few weeks back so we have those already to send in too. I'm hoping on Monday I can put the packet in the mail just as soon as I go back to the doctor and have my TB test read. I'm kicking myself for not getting that TB done earlier this week so I could have been done today and had it in the mail...bummer!!

I'm also ready today to certify mail my I-600A application off to the local USCIS office. I called my homestudy agency just to double check that I had everything ready to mail off in that I-600A application yesterday and they said the USCIS also requires proof of insurance that your adopted daughter will be covered when she is adopted and also another govt form I-134 Affidavidate of Support not an adoption form that basically says we can financially provide for her. She said that only our local USCIS office is requiring that extra form...just figures!!! Has anyone else had to do this? I looked all over the immigration website and can't find anything that mentions either of these two requirements. She said I could go ahead and send it in just know to begin getting those forms so when they call for them I'm ready. Ugh...the form collecting just never ends..more trips to various offices more forms to gather.

3 comments:

Deb said...

I'd call the USCIS office. Somewhere on the website you can find a number I accomplished it once.
We didn't have to do either of those things for the I-600A but that was Jan of '06 so it may have changed.
We did do the proof of insurance for our agency though.

Becky and Keith said...

We didn't have to do either of those things either but it really does seem like certain offices require different things. In Atlanta, we were able to submit our app and be fingerprinted prior to sending in our home study where other offices won't do anything until they have your home study! Weird - you would think it would be all the same since it's a government org!! That would be easy, wouldn't it? :-) Glad you're getting your medicals done - those are always fun! Have a great weekend.

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I remember having to give some kind of proof of insurance but I don't remember having to send it to CIS! Good luck with gathering all of those things! It sounds like you are focused and moving right along with everything! You'll have all of this paperwork complete before you know it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...