Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Homestudy Interviews Scheduled

We have scheduled our homestudy interviews. This is my hubby's last month of being off and our social worker was so generous with her schedule to allow us to squeeze our 4 interviews into what was left of this month. I'm so amazed and so appreciative of her working with us so quickly and on such a short time schedule. It would have been so hard for my hubby to try and take early days off in September when he has had the past 2 months off already. The 4 interviews we have scheduled include, a couple's interview, 2 individual interviews and a home visit with the family. Our social worker believes our homestudy should be completed and in our hands the first week of September. At this point the only thing holding us up is still completing our medical exams. As soon as we get back from vacation I will tackle the I-600A and send that in. I also need to see if the fee has gone up which I believe it did on July 30th. It's very exciting but interesting. It feels like you hurry, hurry, hurry up to complete and send in all of this paperwork, and then you wait, wait and wait and then it's your turn again to quickly try and gather more papers and send in something else just so you can wait in another line. I'm glad to participate though, that's for sure because I know that it means someday it will be our turn to travel and meet our baby girl and I just can't wait for that day!!

4 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Good luck on your homestudy visits! I was so nervous about ours, but it wound up being fun! You're definitely right - hurry, hurry, hurry.... wait.............. I'm only 3 weeks into my wait and it feels like a lifetime! :-)
Best Wishes! Becky

Troy and Rachel said...

I think everyone worries about the homestudy but the people are always so nice. Another step - keep truckin'!!

Janine said...

Thanks Becky. We had a great visit with our social worker and she made us feel so at home..I'm hoping the homevisit goes as smoothly.

Janine said...

Thanks Rachel!! It always feels great to check stuff off. I received our packet of info for our dossier tonite...more paperwork here we come!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...