Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Very Special Day...

Two years ago today in St. Petersburg, Russia, our daughter was born.

She weighed 6 lbs 9 oz and was 19.2 inches long.

She was beautiful and perfect in every way.

How I wish I could have been there!



Happy 2nd Birthday our dear Emily! We love you!
Before school this morning we had a breakfast celebration of cheesey scrambled eggs, yogurt, milk, strawberries and blueberries. All of our little girl's favorites. She also enjoyed opening a couple of presents.




I've been working on her birthday sign for a few days. She knew it was for her birthday party. She has been pointing to it on the counter this past week and saying.. "my party, mom." This morning I woke her up and said Happy Birthday Emily. She smiled and said.."my party." We hung streamers on her bedroom door while she was sleeping last night. She really liked that and she ran through them many times this morning. Tonight we will continue the celebration with daddy with some ice cream sundaes after dinner and a few presents. :)

10 comments:

Bethany said...

Happy birthday Emily! She is so sweet! I love all the Mickey stuff too. ;)

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Happy happy Birthday beautiful Emily!!!!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Happy birthday Emily! Two is such a fun age - I don't think it is "terrible" at all. She looks so excited about her special day! Love the princess/ballerina dress!

findingourdaughter said...

Happy Birthday Emily!!! Awww, she is precious!! LOVE the birthday sign, you've gotta share how you made it so I can start making those for my kids birthdays. How crafty and creative!
Hope Emily enjoys her special day!
God Bless!

findingourdaughter said...

Oh yes, the dress is adorable and she is a beautiful birthday princess!

Joy said...

I can not believe that she is 2 years old. Where did the time go?
Joy

Carey and Norman said...

Love the birthday decorations and sign you made...you are too crafty.

Happy Birthday Emily!

Troy and Rachel said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! What a beauty she is in her dress!

Anonymous said...

Hi Janine! I love the look of the blog. It looks like Emily had a wonderful birthday- thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

Happy belated birthday Emily. She is so precious. You need to email me and let me know where you got that outfit for her. My daughter is going through a cupcake phase. Super cute. verypissedoff at verizon dot net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...