Thursday, June 25, 2009

An email I received tonight...

Back in Feb 2008 I was desperately trying to get a response to what happened to my I-600A. It had been sent in completed 6 months prior and I couldn't get anyone at Homeland Security to respond to me. In desperation, I sent off many emails to my local homeland security office in charge of adoptions inquiring desperately about why I hadn't received my 171-H yet. We were told we would most likely travel on trip one in March 2008 to meet our daughter and court would be shortly after on trip 2. If we didn't have that paper in the next month it could interefere with our court date. I was pretty anxious and a little desperate in Feb 2008 because after 6 months of not being able to get a response how could I in one month?

14 months later today, imagine my surprise when I opened my email to see this very short response I received with all my previous emails attached...

"Hopefully this has been resolved. If it has not, please provide me your number and the best time to reach you.
Thank you."

So sad...as if I just sat around for the past 14 months waiting for some unimportant response as if forgetting that this was in regards to a child and family's life that was stuck in limbo. And the worse part, my number was all over that email even under my name at the bottom and top. Clearly, my desperate pleas were not even read. Just a formal procedure to move around paperwork. So, here I would be again responding and then waiting to hear back from who? No name was even signed. So very, very sad! I shudder to think what if...what if I didn't get that paper?...what if noone had helped us? What would our lives have been like today without our sweet and precious Emily? It gives me chills to even consider...

3 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

First of all - congratulations on the big girl undies - YAY!!!

Second of all, that email would probably incense me after all you went through to get that form. I can't believe they had the nerve to email you and ask if it had been resolved. How silly.

Becky and Keith said...

All I can say is wow, wow, wow... that is something that needs to be sent on to someone higher up to show that there is indeed a broken process. I can't even imagine... I would have been livid. On the flip side, THANKFULLY you have that gorgeous little girl home with you and don't NEED their help!

Kimberly said...

That is just crazy. So thankful that it all worked out. Love the website and all your updates. Keep it touch! Kimberly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...