Thursday, August 7, 2008

Our Anniversary

We celebrated our 8th anniversary on July 15th. We decided it would be fun to celebrate the big day in Monterey by the sea. We took the boys to their swim lessons first. We then had a picnic afterwards on the lawn, changed our clothes and made the trek to Monterey. We decided to stop at the Dennis the Menace Park for a fun few hours of climbing on trains and riding crazy slides and playing in the tunnels before heading to dinner on Cannery Row. For dinner we chose Bubba Gump's for some yummy shrimp and a great view of the bay. Pretty fitting too as we had a Bubba with us. The kids had a blast as we also got to order 2 yummy desserts to share. BW chose strawberry shortcake and Bubba chose chocolate brownie sundae. Ahh...how different they are. Emily loved her spoonfuls of the vanilla ice cream from the shortcake.


It was a nice day. A little hard to gaze in your hubby eyes across the table with three little ones trying to cover you in chocolate syrup and tartar sauce. But I imagine someday we will miss these anniversaries most. :-)

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hi Janine, Thanks for updating your blog. I especially love when you post new pictures! We just went to Dennis the Menace park last week- it's the best! Thanks again for giving me hope for my family of five :)

Janine said...

Thanks Kimberly! That is a great park...the boys can't wait to go back. Keep me posted on your happenings...:-)

Bethany said...

Well that looks like the coolest place ever! My son would love that train!

I just wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog. :) It meant a lot to me. :) We are ready to submit our paperwork for trip one, although they are trying to confirm with the people that matter that they will even allow us to adopt a child with DS, given a recent murder of a Russian child with DS in Utah. Ugh ... whole other story there. I'm banking on it being okay. :)

Becky and Keith said...

Happy belated Anniversary and what a GREAT park! I think you're right - someday you'll look back on anniversary's like this and think about how awesome they were! Tell Bubba he's my kind of dessert eater! Chocolate all the way!

Janine said...

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you Bethany. I have faith too that it will all work out. :-)

I'm with you Becky...chocolate all the way!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Happy Anniversary! What a fun time with your kids! We love Bubba Gump, too and always eat there when we are close to one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...