Thursday, May 8, 2008

Almost 2 weeks home




Emily is doing great. She is settling right in to our family. She has quite the fun personality. She is happy, attaching well, funny and loves to play and eat. During the almost two weeks home both my boys turned a year older and we had small family parties for both of the boys.






She did very well during both parties and the grandparents and great grandparents all got the chance to meet her. She also has attended both of my children's classes at school (outside in the mountains) to watch them blow out their candles. She has hardly been outside before and she seemed very excited to be there. She also got to play in the sand for the first time and she just laughed touching the sand.



She is sleeping through the night and taking a 3 hour afternoon nap everday. We haven't been to see our pediatrician yet but from what I could tell and based on my two little boys she seems to be totally on target developmentally for her age. She just turned 14 months old, has been walking since she was 11 months. Her first 2 russian words were "mama" and "give me". Which I think totally describes her. She always has her hand up for something, anything to put in it. She actually communicates very well. I already seem to know what it is she wants. And she will look us in the eyes when she talks with us. She has already learned the sign for "all done", "eat", and "more". I have heard her say "up, up" and put her hands up to be picked up and she has also said "Bubba" twice, which is our 2nd son's nickname. Other than that she coos and babbles to herself and makes all sorts of clicking and popping noises with her mouth. She has 4 teeth on top and four on the bottom. She is also getting in four of her 1 year molars. She is able to drink out of a cup but I've regressed her back to a bottle for attachment. She can feed herself finger foods as well as eating with a spoon. I like to feed her with the spoon to promote attachment but she will often take the spoon from me and feed herself and then hand the spoon back to me for more food to be put on it. Finger foods she has eaten, cheerios, bananas, pears, strawberries, blue berries, melon (she doesn't like), peas, carrots, corn, brocolli, strips of buttered bread, avocado, grilled cheese sandwich, quesadilla, buttered pasta, meatball, and spaghetti. She is quite the cute eater. My boys at this age what have smashed the food into their mouths. But she very daintly will pick up one piece and bite it in half with her front teeth, chew it up and then eat the 2nd half. Even with her strips of buttered bread she will just take a bite off the strip and chew it up and then take another bite. Really impressed by this as like I said with both my boys I had to really watch them when eating so they wouldn't choke.



She has already mastered climbing and will try it out on everything so we really watch her with that new ability. She is such a delight. We are just so thrilled to be her parents.

14 comments:

Amy said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! And boy does she looks like your sons. Happy to hear she is adjusting well.

JennStar said...

I was thinking the same thing- she looks so similar to your family! Wow!! :o) SO glad she's doing so well.

Troy and Rachel said...

So glad she is doing so well. She is just precious in those pictures!

Annie said...

She is doing awesome! It's great that she went back to the bottle. I never did get Chloe to do that but boy did I try.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

She is just such a doll! Love the bunny coat!

Joy said...

What a beauty! I am so glad that she is eating so nicely. I showed her picture to my Mother and she thinking is looks like a princess. My Mother just loves seeing the pictures of children that have just come home.
Joy

Melissa said...

i miss those days of Olivia eating daintilly. Emily is just precious

Christen L said...

It is amazing how much she looks like her brothers!

MandyJo013078 said...

Emily is so adorable! Just wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day! I think she looks so much like your boys it's too funny!

Becky and Keith said...

When I saw the pictures of her with the boys, the first word that came to mind was "dainty". She looks like she walks around like a sweet dainty princess! :-) I love the way you described her eating - such a cutie!! Happy Mother's Day to YOU!

Carey and Norman said...

Love the Bunnies by the Bay jacket. We had the frog one. I just love how soft they are. Emily is adorable. I just love the red hair. I know how much you are enjoying your time now that you are home. I'm so glad your boys are doing well with the change too. They seem to really love their new sister. They are just precious together.

Many Blessings!

Nancy said...

I just came across your blog from another one I read...your Emily is so beautiful and she seems to fit right in with her brothers! Congratulations!!! :)

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

She is such a cutie! And I agree with everyone else that she looks like everyone in your family! It's amazing how often things work out that way! Glad she is doing well!

Joe and Renae said...

Janine, I was so excited to get a comment from you on our blog. Your little girl is ADORABLE. My husband would die if we got a little girl with your daughter's color hair....he used to have that color, and our niece does also. I would LOVE to chat with you about your trip...could you give me your e-mail address?

take care,
Renae and Joe (our little Russian girl)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...